Hydro+ Lens Coating
Super-Hydrophobic Lens Coating
Hydro+ is a super-hydrophobic lens coating composed of 12 layers that work together to provide a range of benefits.
One of the most impressive features of Hydro+ is its ability to repel liquids, including water and grease. Liquids will bead and roll off the surface of the lens. In tests, Hydro+ has been shown to be up to eight times easier to clean than a standard lens coating.
Lenses coated with Hydro+ resist scratches. This is important for individuals who use their glasses frequently or who work in environments where their glasses may be exposed to potential damage. The coating acts as a barrier, protecting the lens from everyday wear and tear, such as smudges and scratches. Another advantage of Hydro+ is its anti-reflective properties. The coating reduces the amount of light that is reflected off the surface of the lens, which helps to eliminate glare and improve clarity of vision.
Key Benefits Of Our Hydro+ Coating
- UV protection (up to 360nm) on a 1.5 index*
- Eliminates reflections
- Guaranteed durability
- Anti-static to repel dust particles
- Ultimate scratch resistance
- Exceptional clarity
- Resistance to oils due to the oleophobic layer
- Water repellent due the super-hydrophobic layer
- Prolonged lifespan of the lens
The 12 layers of Hydro+ are applied to both sides of the lens. The different layers are highlighted
- Single vision stock lenses
- Single vision surfaced lenses
- Progressive lenses
- Occupational & Lifestyle lenses
- Bifocal lenses